Certified Translation
Services Online

Certified Translation Services for Immigration to the US

The current situation of international commerce has created important interactions among people from all over the world. People also move easily around the world for many reasons. If you have traveled to foreign countries in the past, you must already know that one of the most important barriers found to do business or relocate in a different country is the language. Translation services and translation techniques have emerged as a vital solution and many people depend on them. Depending of the type of situation that you handle, you could be asked to provide certified translations for certain documents.

What does a Certified Translation Mean?

certified translation services online

Introduction to Certified Translation Services

A translation which is certified is a translated document or text which includes a declaration from the translator affirming that he or she is competent in both languages and the translation is completed to the best of his or her knowledge. Translators include their name, signature and contact information to support their certification. This certification allows people who check those documents to understand them in their language and trust their accuracy. Most of the time, government offices and educational institutes request them. In order to make those certifications more trust-able, it is also advisable to get them from professional translators.

Some institutions go even further and request notarized translations. A notarized translation includes an additional step by completing the certification before a notary officer. There are some debates about the convenience of adding this additional step to a translation, but in the end organizations and agencies will decide which one they request. Sometimes they are requested for legal matters. For instance, US Citizenship and Immigration Services used to request notarized translations, but now they only request translations that are only certified.

In any case, professional translators and translation service providers usually have both services available. If you need to use notarized services or certified translation services, it is important to clear it up in advance with the translator. They can provide you with notarization so you won’t have to visit the office of a notary public yourself.

Click on the image on the left to find out what the steps are to get a certified translation.

How to get Certified Translation Services
Certified Translation Services for Immigration

Certified Translation Services for Immigration

The purpose of immigration has moved from attaining financial stability to seeking protection in the last decade. Although there were always those who moved to another country to escape the horrors of their homeland, their numbers were not as large as they are today. People have the right to do all things in their power to keep them safe from all kinds of threats and one of the most common ways to achieve safety is by leaving your home and going to a peaceful place.

First world countries have been the top choice of anyone looking for a place to make a fresh start but America tops the list for many people because of the many freedoms it offers. People can run away from religious fanatics and political goons to find peace in the US. But immigrating to the US is not easy. You have to fulfill a lot of requirements to get there and one of them is to submit quality translations of your personal documents along with your immigration application.

Check out our Certified Translation Template Shop

Download our information leaflet about Certified Translation Services

Everything you need to know about certified translation

Everything you need to know about certified translation. Want to receive our free translation ebook? It contains everything you need to know about certified translations including:

  • what is a certification and certificate requirements
  • where is the translation certificate needed
  • which documents need to be translated and certified
  • what languages do we translate from
  • how to get it fast and at the lowest rates in the US

Hit the download button, a new window will open containing our free ebook about how to get a certified translation.

certified translation ebook

What kind of official documents do we handle?

UTS provides US certified translation services from over 80 languages into English.
Our translators are specialized in translating official documents for immigration in the USA. We are fast, we work around the clock, we are affordable and our translations are guaranteed to be accepted at any USCIS office. Our English translations will never be rejected by the authorities. We provide services in various language pairs. From French and German to Italian and Korean, we can handle source documents in all languages. We also have qualified experts of Turkish and Chinese on our team. You can get translations to and from English.

We handle everything from an apostille to death certificates. You can send over legal documents to us and get the best English translations.

Birth Certificate Translation Service

Birth certificate translation is required if you want to immigrate to the United States. With us you can have your birth certificate translated and certified in under 24 hours, at a special price: only $20 per page

Marriage Certificate Translation

If you need your marriage certificate translation in a rush, we do not charge extra fees.. With us you can have your marriage certificate translated and certified by the Language Experts.

Divorce Certificate Translation

Those needing divorce certificate translation for use in the US can count on us. We translate from any language, we’re affordable, we’re fast, and all our translations are accepted by any US state institution.

Diploma Translation Services

If you want to study in the United States and you’re from another country, you will need to translate your diploma and any other degrees you may have. Our diploma translation service is

Adoption Translation

If you adopted a child and want to become a US citizen, you may need to have the adoption certificate translated into English as it will be required by USCIS. Certified high quality translations with acceptance guaranteed.

Translation for Immigration

If you’re planning to immigrate to the United States and you come from a country where English is not the official language, you will need to have your personal documents translated and certified. We provide certified

USCIS Translation

If you’re dealing with USCIS as a foreigner, you already know you need to provide them copies of your personal documents along with a translation that is certified for each of them. You can always count on us for your USCIS

Translation for Families

A fairly new service we provide for families wanting to establish in the United States. With us you can have your family documents translated all at once in record time. All our certified translations are accepted by any

Notarized Translation

Although USCIS no longer requires notarized translation, there are cases when you need to have your personal documents translated and notarized. You can always count on us to provide you with notarized translation for US

Police Records Translation

Having your police records translated and certified is yet another requirement from USCIS if you’re planning to immigrate to the US. Along with that we can also translate any other reports, like your medical records or even

Cheap Certified Translation

We charge $20 per page including certification of translation. And you will also get quality assurance with an accuracy certificate. We only hire native translators with the best quality services. No rush rates.

Death Certificate Translation

There are cases when you need to have a death certificate translated. Maybe in a court of law, or for legacy settlements and property issues. Request a free quote and have your death certificate translated and certified.

Please note: the price is valid for pages having up to 200 words. If there are more words on the page, a price of $0.10 per word will be charged instead.

Calculate now your certified translation cost!

Certified Translation Questions

certification of translation

How does a translation certification look like?

When we get a request for a certified translation the client usually sends us a photo or a scan of the document that needs to be translated. Since the requirements state that the translation needs to look like the original, here’s what we do:

  • transform the picture or the scan into an editable file
  • extract the text and translate it
  • after the client approves the draft translation which is sent by email, we add the translation into the original template, replacing the existing text with the translation
  • the end result is a document that looks like the original, only translated.

The translation is then sent to the client in pdf format along with our certificate of accuracy. If you want to see how our certification looks like, click the image on the right.

certified translation sample
what is a legal translator

What is a legal translator?

A professional translator is an individual who has the right means and expertise to render a text from one language to another with specialization in the legal field and using the right legal terminology. In order to become a translator capable of rendering translations for example legal documents, you need to obtain a translation certificate that allows you to deliver translation services for example with the ATA.

What is the ATA certification?

What is ATA certification?

The ATA certification – American Translators Association is a well-known certification in the field of translation for Language Experts. they offer Translation Studies and provide Certificate in Translation. The purpose of this certification is to acknowledge certain high levels of professional standards for Professional Certification. Individuals and companies holding the ATA Certification are trusted professionals expected to deliver highly accurate and qualitative translations. They have a special Certificate Program.

What does it mean for a translation to be certified?

What does it mean for a translation to be certified?

In official situations, everything has to be in perfect order. You cannot get a government office to accept your application if you haven’t submitted all the supporting documents. In the same way, you cannot get through the immigration process if you don’t send certified translations of your personal documents to the authorities. After completing the translation,the translation company will draft a statement to attest to the quality of their work. Through the statement, they say that their translation is complete and also accurate. They add their signature, stamp and contact details under the statement. When a translation is certified, it becomes more credible.
At the end you have a Certified Document Translation.

Can I translate my own birth certificate

Can I translate my own birth certificate for immigration purposes?

No, you are not allowed to translate your own birth certificate. USCIS accepts translations together with the certification of accuracy provided by a certified translator or a translation agency in the English language. It is best to use the services of a specialized translation company in order to make sure USCIS will accept the translation and there will be no delays in your immigration case. So make sure you always have a Certified Document Translation.

What does it mean for a translation to be certified?

What makes a translation certified?

Hearing that you need to get a translation certified can be unclear. It is a very important type of translation because it is always hundred percent accurate. In order to certify a translation, a linguistic expert or the translation company provides a statement. Through the statement, the linguistic expert tells the authorities that their work is accurate and complete. They also sign the statement and add their contact details on it. When the signed statement is ready, the translation is certified. Make sure it is certified because only then it will be accepted by authorities. An agency that is a member of the ATA, will put their stamp on the certification document. If you are applying for immigration, make sure you get a stamped and signed certified translation.

How much does it cost to get a birth certificate translated?

What is a digital Certified Translation/Digital Certification?

When your certified translation is done, we will send by email a copy of the Certification with the Translation. Each page is stamped and signed. We do not send copies by mail. However, if you need to proof the original document translated, check our our digital certified translation services which is replacing the hard copy of your document in a secure way.

How much does it cost to get a birth certificate translated?

How much does it cost to get a birth certificate translated?

The price is different witch each translation company. The prices range is between, for example, $65 and $75 including the certification. Universal Translation Services is the only agency offering $20 per page with a maximum of 200 words, with same-day delivery at no extra or hidden cost. If the amount of words is more than 200 per page, we charge $0.10 per word for all languages.

How long does it take to get my certified translation?

How long does it take to get my certified translation?

When you have one, two, or three pages depending on how many words there are on a page, it is possible for the translation agency to deliver the same day. If you have more than three pages, the translation will be delivered the next day. This is the normal procedure but always depends on the word count, language combination, and the availability of the translators.

Is a certified translation valid in the United States but also in the United Kingdom?

Is a certificate of accuracy valid in the United States, but also in the United Kingdom?

Yes, the certification procedure and regulations are the same in the United States and in the United Kingdom, which means that a certificate of accuracy issued by a US translation company will be valid in the United Kingdom as well.

How do I get a certified translation?

How do I get a translation that is certified?

Contact a translation agency that provides Certified Translation Services, send the document, receive the quote and the deadline, after payment the agency starts with your translation. On the delivery date, you get my email the translation for approval, after approval you receive back the source document (a document that you send for translation), the translated document, and the certification.
human translators

Who Performs a Certified Translation?

A certified translation and a certified translator are not related terms. A linguistic expert who clears the examination conducted by ATA will be given a seal and become a certified professional.  A certified translation is a language service in which the linguistic expert attaches their signed statement with their work to attest to its quality.

Many people think that only a certified translator can provide them with a signed statement and deliver accurate translations. Certified translators are highly qualified and experienced, they aren’t the only linguistic experts in the industry.  Taking the certification exam is mandatory for linguistic experts in order to perform Certified Translations. If you need certified translation services, you can get in touch with an agency that has qualified professionals on its team. The agency will be able to handle all of your documents that need to be translated. They will make sure that the best translators work on your project so you can get accurate accepted translations.

How does a certification of a certified translation look like?

What is better, Machine or Human Translation?

Human translation will continue to be the best kind of language service. Machines cannot understand literature and cultural aspects. Humans, on the other hand, can provide you with official document translation with zero errors. They can take language proficiency tests and improve their skills. They can also learn new slang words and translate source language text accordingly. The language skills of machines are limited because they don’t account for the cultural aspects. This is why machine translation is not reliable.

If you wish to get an online certified translation, you don’t have to turn to Google Translate for that. You can easily get a translation certification online these days. We are a certified translation company and love to provide the best services to our clients. This is why we offer digital services to make the process of getting translations super easy for you.

human translators

What are the cost of  a Certified Translation?

The price of a certified translation at Universal Translation Services is $20 per page. This includes the certification and unlimited check by you in our online editor. You will get the completed project delivered to you within 24 hours, depending on the amount of pages to be translated. You would also be able to get an urgent service if needed, without having to pay extra for it, just tell us that you urgent need it.

How does a certification of a certified translation look like?

Can Anyone Certify a Translation?

The answer is simple, no. You need to contact a translation agency or a certified translator that has his translators certificate. Be careful as you might get your request at USCIS rejected if you do not provide a Certified Translation.

ATA certified translation

What is the American Translators Association – A.T.A?

The A.T.A, however, can offer national certification for translators across the U.S. They offer translation studies and provide a certificate in translation. they have a special certificate program. In fact, there are quite a few different translator associations across the States; however, it is important to remember that none of the associations are offering any official certification just accreditation (translation studies). Translator associations can offer membership which can provide translators the requirement for certain translation roles.

Mostly certified translations are used when statements or documentation has to be entered into a court of law or will be used in an official government office. Things such as birth certificates need to be certified in order to prove the document’s information is correct and matches official records.

There are different types of certified translation services online however and if you require this service, it’s important to take the time and ensure you understand what certification is needed. For example, if the translation must be notarized, then the translator who is doing the work will need to include their resume with the translated document as well as the qualifications he or she has.

How does a certification of a certified translation look like?

How does a certification of a translation look like?

The certification is another piece of paper attached to the actual translation, which states that the validation procedure was performed and confirm that the provided translation is complete and accurate. The certification is signed by the general manager of the company and has the company stamp on it. See example here.

Do you still have questions about certified translations online?

What is a certified translation online?What is the meaning of certified and where does it apply

There is a lot of confusion surrounding translation, in particular, certified translation services online. So, we thought we’d give everyone the chance to find out a little more about translation services and make it a bit easier to understand also.

A translator is tasked with translating a document or piece of text converting it into proper spoken English (or whatever language required and called target language). In the U.S. for a document to be considered as certified, there are many obligations to be met. First of all, the document which was translated must have a statement (this must be signed by the qualified translator who completed the translation); stating the text translated is the exact same of the original text with the exception it has been translated into a second language.

The statement which must be signed is called a Certificate of Accuracy, though strangely, this doesn’t actually guarantee a document has been translated accurately or correctly. Also, even those who sign a Certificate of Accuracy , it doesn’t mean they are actually certified translators. Now, this can be very confusing, so take your time to get your head around it but basically translators don’t need to be certified translators in order to provide translations that are certified.

Many people are mistaken when they believe in the United States of America, translators must be state-certified because there is in fact no formal certification process for translators. However, there is a state and federal certification process for interpreters, but they are different from translators.

Official TranslationWhat are Official Translation Services?

The need for official translation services is something that you cannot take for granted anymore.
You need to make sure that you get your official document translation done by professionals. There are so many good reasons why you should seek official translation, especially when you have so much at stake. If you are ever in search of someone who can get you the necessary documents that you need to be translated, look no further than this.

Official translation services come in handy for different types of tasks. It does not matter the document that you need, you will always benefit from official translation. Translation from one language to another can be a difficult process for you, especially if you are trying to get some documents prepared for official purposes. However, with official document translation, this will be the last thing that you ever have to worry about. Go ahead and get in touch with us and see how much we can help you.

If you need official translation services for the US then you’re in the right place. Contact us now for your free quote! Fast Turnaround!

certification of translation

Why is the certification of translation is important?

You use all kinds of abbreviations and slangs when you are texting or emailing your friends. But if you have to send a text or an email to your professor or your boss, your language becomes formal. You follow all the rules of formal conversations. The text you send starts with a salutation and end with a greeting, just like a proper letter. So when you are submitting a document to a government department or an office, it has to be in the right format. You can’t print out a document you made in Photoshop and submit it to the immigration office or the court.

The same rule applies to translations. When you have to submit a translation to a government office, it has to be perfect. If you think translating certificates online is a good idea, then you can’t be more wrong. You can’t translate important documents like birth and marriage certificates online. Only certified translations of such documents are accepted by government departments. If you’re not provided with a certification of translation by the translation agency, then you will be in trouble. So choose UTS for all kinds of certified and notarized translations.

Certified Translation Service

It’s funny how you only realize the importance of certification when you are met with an official requirement in translation. Asking for validation in a relationship may seem tough but finding a certified translation service that offers quality and compliance, is even harder. But we believe that the only trouble is to be sure of the performance of any given agency, and there are plenty of ways to assess the possibilities.

First, you can go for reviews, testimonials, and customer care. If they are good in all those aspects, you can move further. Most agencies are well aware of the times where certified translation services might be needed, and they have special expertise for that. Professionals who have spent considerable time in the immigration area or understand how official documents must be interpreted will most certainly be on the team of a good agency.

And guess what, we cater to all that and even more. We have been providing credible and authentic language assistance to our clients for decades. We understand the industry like no one else. You can count on us in times of urgency and helplessness and we assure you that with our customer service, we’ll make you feel at home.